Thank you for joining us at the Northeastern University Law Review Symposium:
International Law, Local Justice: Human Rights Transformed
In Honor of Professor Hope Lewis and to Commemorate the Launch of the Center for Public Interest Advocacy and Collaboration
Welcome and Introduction: 8:45 - 9:00 a.m.
- Lucy Williams, Professor of Law and Director, Center for Public Interest Collaboration and Advocacy, Northeastern University School of Law
- Margaret Burnham, Director, Civil Rights and Restorative Justice Project, Northeastern University School of Law
Keynote Speaker: 9:00 - 10:20 a.m.
- Harold Koh, Sterling Professor of International Law, Yale Law School
Panel - Human Rights, Economic Inequality and Global Markets: 10:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Moderator: Aziza Ahmed, Professor of Law, Northeastern University School of Law
- Berta Hernández-Truyol, Levin Mabie and Levin Professor, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Henry Steiner Jeremiah Smith, Jr., Professor of Law, Emeritus, Harvard Law School
- Karl Klare, Matthews Distinguished University Professor of Law, Northeastern University School of Law
Lunch and Keynote: 12:15 - 2:00 p.m.
- Cheryl Harris, Rosalinde and Arthur Gilbert Professor in Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, UCLA School of Law
Panel - Human Rights: Contemporary Topics: 2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- Moderator: Rachel Rosenbloom, Professor of Law, Northeastern University School of Law
- Adrien Wing, Associate Dean for International and Comparative Law Programs and Bessie Dutton Murray Professor, University of Iowa College of Law
- Michael Ashley Stein, Visiting Professor of Law, Harvard Law School
- Zina Miller, Assistant Professor, International Law and Human Rights, Seton Hall University School of Diplomacy and International Relations
- Tendayi Achiume, Assistant Professor of Law, UCLA School of Law
Panel - Reflecting on Hope Lewis: Teacher and Scholar: 3:45 - 5:15 p.m.
- Moderator: Wendy Parmet, Matthews Distinguished University Professor of Law and Director of the Center for Health Policy and Law, Northeastern University School of Law; Professor of Public Policy and Urban Affairs, Northeastern University School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs
- Margaret Kwoka, Associate Professor, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Amy Senier, Trial Attorney, US Department of Justice
- Jaribu Hill, Founder and Executive Director, Mississippi Workers' Center for Human Rights